In Love With Myself

The other day I was reading something which really caught hold of me -
it said the more I have compassion for myself  the more compassion will I have for others....
The less I judge myself the less I judge others 
The more I connect to my inner self the more I see light in others 
The more I accept myself the more I accept others 
The more understanding I give myself the more understanding I have for others ....


 


Can you see any pattern to this??


Image result for self love images


It means that it all starts with you and how you start practicing loving yourself!!
If you have daily practice that is out of balance and out of whack you will soon start feeling the
negative effects it will have on your life!

Here the self- love we talking about is just not loving your bodies and following the newest #self-love trend,
it’s about truly looking deep within ourselves doing the DEEP inner work to heal the deep buried pain and
traumas we find ourselves holding on to . It’s also about really loving ourselves despite the pains and traumas ...
By self- love I do not mean being selfish and become oblivion to one's responsibilities, it is for once
thinking about yourself, your dreams your passions and falling in love with oneself..


I particularly refer here to my clan -Women have to understand that regardless of who does not want us..we have
to want ourselves. Self-love is the first and hardest rule to stick by. Women need to not abandon themselves in
their quest for bliss and live. You can love yourself spiritually, physically, in almost anyway anybody else can.

We live in a culture where we're constantly shown what we didn’t look like, who we aren't and what we don’t
have. Self-love and acceptance is surely at all-time low.
To make matters more confusing, the people who act the most confident often have the most dire issues with
loving themselves, issues like:

- Being hypercritical of oneself
- Difficulty in loving others (because you must first love yourself)
- Being self-conscious in social situations
- Difficulty in fully accepting compliments
- Not valuing your own time and priorities (being overly nice to others)


I must share this lovely slice of life that is hallmarked on me ...
My mom is not a very great cook but whatever she cooks, she would always elate about it and say that she has
cooked very tasty and delicious dish and we all will love it. My daughters used to laugh and say how granny
knows without eating that the dish is delicious. When I was a kid myself I used to wonder the same. But later
as I grew up I realized that mom was full of life she loved to do things for others more than that it made her happy and she was more in love with herself...it was not that we (me and my brother and of course my dad) were
not her priority but her love for self and doing things that made her happy is what i always admired about her,
she was never conscious about herself. Now at the age of 75 she is ready to experience and experiment anything
for herself. I know how eagerly she tried the red wine that my cousin offered her at a new year party when she
was visiting him 3 years back.. he shared pictures with me..and yes I admired her zest for life when she tried on
that red Pants...wow really I would never and can never imagine myself doing that....I really wish to grow old
that cool and with such an approach towards life... this what self-love does to you!


Loving yourself is a win-win for all. It provides you with an inner happiness, confidence and peace of mind that
is not easily swayed by outside events and opinions. It enables you to make healthier choices and the best
decisions across all areas of your life from your intimate relationships to your finances. It allows you to truly
rejoice in other people's good fortune rather than wondering "why, not me" or even resenting it. It enables
you to be more genuinely loving towards others and to be of greater service to the world at large.
Ultimately, the more you love yourself, the more everything and everyone you encounter benefits.


In a nutshell, self love is a prerequisite to loving others. Your relationships are only as strong as the foundation
of your self love. Release any belief you may hold that loving yourself is selfish or egotistical and replace it with
the truth that your very essence is love, that unconditional self love is your birthright.


"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection
than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the
entire universe, deserve your love and affection." - Siddhartha Gautama Buddha


Friend & Guide,
Neetu Bhandari

Follow my Instagram & Facebook





#counsellor #love #life #lifecoach #positivity #counselling #happy #happiness #peace #Monday #joy #inspiringwomen 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts